- Mobile Application Developer
- Marketing & Customer Success Coordinator (bilingual in Japanese and English)
Blue Canoe is seeking a Mobile Application Developer to join our team and help us build a revolutionary solution to help millions of people around the world improve their English pronunciation.
This position is full-time based in Bellevue, WA.
Blue Canoe is the English pronunciation expert. We are a well-funded start up with an experienced and successful leadership team that is focused on improving the English pronunciation of non-native speakers, the challenging “last mile” of learning English. Mastery of English pronunciation is mission-critical for hundreds of millions of jobs around the world, and enables people to be truly effective and able to build empathy and rapport with customers and colleagues.
Our pronunciation platform includes a mobile app that engages English learners through a spoken game and other learning activities, using speech recognition and machine learning, and provides learners with personalized feedback for improvement. We were selected to be part of Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence incubator (AI2), are patent-pending, have deployments in the US and in 15 other countries around the world with stellar brand-name companies, won a Tech Impact Award, and are growing quickly.
About the role:
At Blue Canoe, you’ll play a key role in a small (5-person) dev team, and each of your coworkers will be among the best at what they do. We all help out wherever we’re needed, so versatility and flexibility are critical, but you’ll also have ownership of one or more key pieces of our technology. If you enjoy taking on hard problems, and having the autonomy to see a project through from conception to release, this role is for you!
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 4+ years of experience in a software engineering position
- You have developed and published mobile applications using the native language toolchain for iOS and/or Android.
- You have earned a Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
- You have a passion for building clean code & beautiful UIs
- You enjoy learning new languages and technologies
- Experience with React Native and TypeScript is highly desirable
- Experience with front-end web development is a plus
Blue Canoe is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe this will make our products better.
Contact us at email@example.com and share your story!
Blue Canoe is seeking a Marketing and Customer Success Coordinator who is bilingual in Japanese and English to join our team to create effective marketing campaigns and customer programs. Location: Bellevue WA.
ABOUT BLUE CANOE:
Blue Canoe is the most effective way for non-native English speakers to improve their clarity and confidence in speaking English. Using patent-pending speech recognition and machine learning, Blue Canoe’s mobile app brings the power of a proven, brain-based methodology to learners all over the world, with immediate feedback that activates multiple parts of the brain, and the objective Blue Canoe Pronunciation Score to track progress. Blue Canoe sells B2B SaaS to corporations for their employees, and has a worldwide reseller program with English language learning companies and programs. Blue Canoe is a VC-backed start-up.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll play an important role in a small team, and each of your coworkers will be among the best at what they do. We all help wherever we’re needed, so versatility and flexibility are critical. You’ll also have ownership of many of our marketing and customer programs. You will report directly to the VP of Marketing and Customer Success, so you will be learning at an incredibly fast rate. You will help to build relationships with huge global organizations, including our Japanese corporate customers, and create effective strategies to promote the growth of the company. If you enjoy taking on hard problems, being able to see the big picture and jump right in, this role is for you! This position is full-time and based in Bellevue, WA.
- Lead coordination in both written and spoken Japanese with our Japanese customers
- Develop customer engagement programs, using email marketing, in English and Japanese
- Develop and manage a weekly quiz with the Education team
- Create and deploy customer surveys, in English and Japanese
- Coordinate and support lead generation and sales
- Develop a Japanese localized version of our website
- Assist with PR campaigns
- Assist with program management of marketing campaigns and some product releases
- Learn and manage marketing tools such as ActiveCampaign, Riddle, Instapage, Klipfolio and more
- Some social media management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Passion for learning new things and doing a high-quality job
- Fluent in a number of digital products
- 1-3+ years experience working in marketing or sales
Blue Canoe is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe this will make our products better. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your story!